Today I continue with the expose “CTMI Exposed” with a powerful testimony from a lady who was abused and manipulated by CTMI affiliate “Centre Chretien Team” and leader Jean-Claude Lajeunesse. After the jump read “Catriona’s” chilling testimony……(source)
I was only 14 years old when I met the ‘Centre Chretien’ team. I’m an orphan, I grew up with my grandmother who is a catholic and she could not accept that I could change religion and I was persecuted. When I talked with Jean-Claude, he said that if I can no longer remain at my grand-mother’s place that he is willing to give me a place in his house. The case went to court. Being a minor, the magistrate gave Centre Chretien the right to take me in charge. I was studying for my School Certificate but with all the meetings that there were in the morning and late in the evening, I was neglecting my studies and my results were not so good.
When I was 16, I was working in the Bible School as secretary. I met a junior pastor who wanted to marry me but Jean-Claude said that it was not God’s will even if I also loved this junior pastor. I was forced to leave the junior pastor. A man(who later will become my husband) in the same period of time joined this church after attempt to suicide(his fiancee left him few days before the wedding to go with someone else). He was deeply depressed and met Audrey and Miki. Audrey and Miki supported him.
Jean-Claude found that it was God’s plan for this man to marry me. Jean-Claude’s wife told me that if I do not marry this man that I’ll have to leave her house. Since I was an orphan and did not have any place to go, I had no alternatives than obeying. I did not know him at all and I refused to marry this guy(my husband). He threatened to commit suicide if I do not marry him and the wedding was scheduled 3 months later.
On the day of my Civil Marriage, Jean-Claude abused me sexually in a garage(I told him not to do that) and he said that he will always be there to get me out of any problem I could face (he was like a father to me and I trusted him a lot). After 1 week he did it again in my own house!! 5 months after my wedding, I told everything to my husband and hell started for me. Jean-Claude said that it was not him who did that but an uncle of mine. He never ceased to lie and this brought me a lot of deception. My husband and I left Centre Chretien and my husband did not want to hear about Centre chretien again. We did not go to church anymore for about 11 years(we joined the catholic church). I desired to return to a Christian church and I went several times to the AoG. During all these years(24 years), my husband and I were deeply hurt of what happened. We even tried to divorce twice but we stopped because of the children.
1. While building the church in Curepipe, people were asked to give 1 month salary. Each person was asked to buy his chair in advance to get a place.
2. Jean-Claude Lajeunesse was asked to sell his property in Grand-Baie and leave his work.
3. I recently heard that Christians who leave their previous church have to be re-baptised when joining CTMI. Does this mean that they were not born again before?
4. The Hardys and the elders were well aware of the risk which could happen before the incident but they left me in Jean-Claude’s house. They did not take preventive measures. There were also dangerous thieves, drug addicts etc living in Jean-Claude’s house.
5. It was an abuse from Jean-Claude who was a senior pastor. But what about the leaders??? Why did they try to conceal everything? If they were righteous people, they should have acted differently. Why did they protect the reputation of the church instead of helping me? For example, Audrey sent Jean-Claude to Rodrigues for more than 1 year to avoid further problems because my husband put it on 3 newspapers. Jean-Claude invented a story saying that I was not a virgin(when he abused me) but that my uncle abused me before. How could he dare inventing such a story!!
6. Where was CTMI when I was in depression, suicidal etc? My family suffered a lot for more than 20 years because of what happened in CTMI.
7.Jean-Claude knew that I did not like the guy (my husband). He said that it was God’s will for me to marry him. He said that the guy is rich and that I will be happy with him. He added that he will always be there for me. I was still a minor(17).
I would like to tell everyone not to marry someone whom you do not love and do not let the leaders of the CTMI to arrange a wedding for you.
For more information regarding CTMI please see the following link.