Guest blogger Patrick Durkee has submitted this entry for discussion. Patrick is a US Air Force Chaplain and operates the website http://www.theologyofomaha.com.
1. They insist that they don’t follow any theology, only the bible.
2. They are opposed to any form of theological education.
3. They ignore church history.
4. The words “Left Behind” are visible on their bookshelf.
5. The verses they quote are from The Message.
6. They reject your theology by saying, “God hasn’t revealed that to me yet.”
7. They accuse you of “spiritualizing” scripture, while patting themselves on the back for their “literal” interpretation.
8. They look to any member of the Chuck-trifecta as their theological mentors: Chuck Smith, Chuck Missler or Chuck Currie.
9. They believe that people who study Hebrew and Greek do so only to use it to twist the bible to say anything they want it to.
10. They make a comment to the effect of, “I haven’t sinned in the past year, why have you?”
11. They believe that the purpose of Lord’s Day services are to attract unbelievers and evangelize
12. They say, “I’ve believed in Christ my whole life.”
13. They believe it’s deeds that matter, not creeds.
14. They reject the idea of doctrinal confessions.